Saturday, March 8, 2008

Overview

Okay, I've put some posts on here on fairly random topics up to this point. I guess it is time for a quick overview of my life. Yes, I still live in the Upper Peninsula. Alanis is seven years old and she is my only child. She and I live in a cabin on the Big Cedar River and I love it in the country. Alanis is precocious, sensitive, and tomboy all rolled into one. Not sure what I did to deserve a kid like her, but I am thankful for her every day.

I teach mostly high school English at Carney-Nadeau public school. I have been there for 13 years now. I will be coaching track this year after taking a couple years off to spend a little extra time being Dad instead of being Coach.

I'm healing from a recent triceps surgery which is just another on the long list of freak injuries I've suffered in my life. Cannot wait to return to full workouts.

Alanis goes to school where I work and I greatly enjoy the fact that we get to ride to and from school together. It is a K-12 building and I even get to see Lani during the school day whenever I want. It really is a win-win situation for us both.

Purely by happenstance, somehow when I returned to the U.P. after a short stint of working downstate, Rufus (Mark), Theresa, and I all ended up living within about a sixty mile radius of each other which is nice. Despite that, I still don't feel like I communicate enough with them and I know they feel the same. It's a busy world out there, y'know.

That's all for now. Have to get ready to meet Alanis at her swim session.




1 comment:

Maggi said...

Wow - she sure looks like her Daddy. What a nice picture!